The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20180708092209/http://bitses.org:80/analyses/phore-osolmaz/
- Is a fork of PIVX, which is a fork of Dash which is a fork of Bitcoin.
- Claims to be a privacy coin which is an improvement over PIVX. But is actually a rebrand of KryptKoin.
“"”Phore (PHR) is a digital privacy cryptocurrency, an update and rebrand of
KryptKoin (KTK) which was pre-announced in May 2014, and whose
distribution started on May 21st, 2014.
To accommodate new features and accelerate the Phore Blockchain vision, the
existing code needed to be completely rewritten. This was accomplished with a
coin swap from KryptKoin to the new Phore Blockchain. The initial Phore
Blockchain code base was created from a fork of the PIVX project, which in turn
was forked from Dash, all of which have roots going back to Bitcoin Core code.
- CTO apparently has 25+ years of “technology consulting and software development”, but is anonymous.
- Have hardcore marketing team. Given that they are in the space for 4 years (supposedly), they are trying
to get on the privacy coin bandwagon.
- Rank is 326 as of writing. Whether they can push it up to 100 depends on how much money they put in marketing.
- “Phore Blockchain uses a customized version of the zerocoin protocol called zPHR “
Zerocoin paper link: https://isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf
If tech is legit, it might have a future. They have already proven that they can iterate, that’s why I am giving it a 0 instead of -1.
Whitepaper link: https://phore.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Phore_Blockchain_Whitepaper_v2.2.pdf
Yet another privacy coin, shitcoin.