The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20180708092023/http://bitses.org:80/analyses/algorand-onurerkinsucu/
- Founder is Silvio Micali (turing award winner scientist.)
- Team consist of Many PhDs mostly from MIT, the rest are from Stanford,Berkeley,Brown etc.
- Alessandro Chiesa (founder of starkware) (expert in zk-proofs) is advisor.
- Naval Ravikant (founder of metastable capital) is advisor.
- Overall all star team and advisors.
- Comprehensive and technical WP.
- Solves the scalability issue but it is not clear that which protocol will win at the end.
- Raised 4M$ during seed funding from Pillar and Union Square Ventures
- There is no information regarding ICO, probably impossible to get an allocation as a regular investor.
- They are raising 50M$ for %10 of the tokens.
- 2M$ is the minimum investment(need to verify this.)
- There is no hype at the moment
Which protocol will win the race? (Avalanche, algorand etc.)
500M$ valuation is a little bit too much.
Min investment is too high, they only want whales to invest in.
They can solve the scalability issue and win the race against other protocols but the success rate is not clear now, also the valuation is too much so investing at this stage is too risky and not possible(2M$ min)